The Custodian will perform a variety of custodial tasks. The Custodian will work closely with the Facilities Supervisor and Operations Director to keep the buildings in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
This position reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor, with oversight provided by the Operations Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide building custodial services as outlined including, but not limited to:
- Sweep, dust, vacuum, scrub, wax and polish floors
- Clean and Disinfect restrooms and conduct mid-day restroom checks with touch-up as needed
- Clean and Disinfect classrooms
- Clean hallways, sidewalks and other areas
- Wash windows, walls, woodwork and equipment
- Empty trash receptacles
- Stock restrooms and classrooms with paper products as needed
- Move furniture and equipment for cleaning and special event
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to:
- Hand tools, buffer, vacuum, PC, telephone, auto-scrubber, blower, wet-dry vacuum, sidewalk sweeper, carpet cleaner, etc.
- Understand and apply the safety-related precautions as outlined in the MSDS
- Understand the school emergency response plan
- Report safety hazards or needs for major repairs to Facilities Supervisor and/or Operations Director
- Responsible for building security during various times of the day
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. (with some flexibility)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs onto ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to fifty 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies and pails. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds such as copy paper and bulk furniture. The employee will push/pull items such as tables and scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in custodial services preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with administrators and school personnel.
- Ability to relate to public, staff and students in a positive manner
- Ability to lift and manipulate equipment and materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to operate job-related equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing as well as verbally
Work Year: 12-months / Full-Time
Interested applicants, please complete the Employment Application and email firstname.lastname@example.org.