6th Grade Math Teacher
Start Date: July 31, 2019
This faculty member teaches 6th grade math in a blended learning environment. Blended learning is a program that combines face-to-face learning with technology-based, digital instruction. Learning takes place using a combination of online work, classroom work, and teacher instruction. Students will have increased control over the learning pace and activities to master the grade appropriate curriculum and beyond. This teacher works closely with the 5th grade math teacher.
The class sizes are approximately 28 students. Academic teachers have 2.5 hours of prep time for curriculum planning, meeting, integrating, and assessing. ASA does not use textbooks; therefore, this content teacher must be well versed in using primary and secondary resources appropriate for this grade level.
This position reports directly to the School Principal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a respectful, stimulating, purposeful, and student-centered classroom.
- Cultivate critical thinking and active participation in the classroom.
- Develop curriculum and assessments aligned to the Common Core Standards, ASA standards, and ASA’s scope and sequence.
- Communicate clear objectives to students for all learning.
- Communicate progress/achievement to students and parents.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues in a team setting for curriculum design, assessment, and implementation.
- Participate actively in grade level and department teams.
- Uphold the school’s philosophy, mission, vision, and values.
- Perform duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in his/ her content area from an accredited four-year college or university
- Highly qualified
- Valid IVP fingerprint card
- Teaching experience or certification preferred but not required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Characteristics
- A life-long learner interested in acquiring new skills and knowledge
- Passionate about students, content area, and teaching
- Concerned about holistic development of the individual
- Flexible, creative, and has the capacity to innovate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Experience with or a commitment to learn:
- Socratic methodology
- Inquiry-based discussion
- Constructivist teaching strategies
- Project-based learning
- Authentic assessment and rubrics
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience. Member of ASRS.
Interested candidates should submit the following via e-mail to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, Resume, three letters of reference, and the ASA Application for Employment found on the website.