INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING INTO ZOOM WITH A GOASA.ORG ACCOUNT WHILE USING A PC OR A MAC:
- Begin by making sure your student is logged into Google Chrome using their .goasa.org This can be done by following these directions from Google. The second option demonstrates how to use two different accounts if your student has a personal account and wants to use that for non-school communcation:
- Download the Zoom app by going to zoom.us, hovering over the “resources” tab and then clicking on “download zoom client.” See screenshot below:
- Install the Zoom App
- Open the Zoom App
- On the sign in page click “Sign in with Google:”
- Enter your goasa.org credentials if you are asked to, if not, you will be signed in automatically.
- Do not close the Zoom app
- Now click on your classroom link
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING IN WITH A CHROMEBOOK:
When you click on your class, a Zoom app will open.
- If you get a white box with an error message, close the white box that says you cannot join the internal meeting, but leave open the black screen.
- You should now see this:
- Click on “Sign In” at the top. You will now see this:
- Click on “Sign in with Google” to the right and follow the directions for logging in with your goasa.org credentials. You will see these two screens for your username and password:
5. Now you will see this window:6. Do not click on “Join a meeting” or “Start a meeting”
7. Instead, leaving the black box open, go back to the teacher’s link, click on the link and now you should be able to join the meeting.